USCIS Denying Pending Form I-131 for Abandonment

USCIS has recently been denying Form I-131 (Application for Travel Document) for Advance Parole when the applicant has traveled abroad while the application is pending. These applications are being denied even if applicants hold a separate, valid advance parole document or valid H, K, L, or V visa to return to the United States.

Previously, USCIS had approved advance parole renewal applications for individuals who traveled abroad while the I-131 application was pending (using an approved Advance Parole or H, K, L, or V visa).

It is recommended that individuals who could be impacted by this change who need to travel contact an immigration attorney before traveling.

Categories: Immigration Blog