Immigration Answers for Businesses

Located in Raleigh, N.C., Edgerton Immigration has the expertise and legal resources for your business immigration needs. We are proud to work with companies of all sizes and particularly enjoy helping immigrant investors, entrepreneurs, growing companies and multi-national companies entering the U.S. market obtain the employment visas they need for their growing businesses. Our immigration law professionals are delighted to have extensive experience helping our clients grow from a single employee to a company with hundreds of employees and are confident in our ability to help our clients and their employees navigate the complex immigration process. From obtaining the first work visa to obtaining permanent residence (a “green card”) to obtaining U.S. citizenship (naturalization), if this is the ultimate goal, we work with you and your employees every step of the way – not just filling out forms and filing papers, but educating you about the process, explaining your options and giving you the information you need to make the important choices that affect your case.

Temporary Work Visas -- Nonimmigrant Employment Visas – Business Visas

Temporary work visas (nonimmigrant visas) are visas that are limited as to duration and purpose. Most employment visas are also limited to a particular employer, to a particular job with that employer, and, in many cases, to a particular worksite. It is very important to understand how these different business visas are used, as well as all of the restrictions on the uses of particular temporary work visas, and we can help you.

Some of the temporary (nonimmigrant) visa categories that your business may need and with which we have the knowledge and expertise to assist you include:

  • B-1 Business Visitor Visas
  • E-1/E-2 Treaty Visas (for Investors and Traders)
  • E-3 Professional Visas for Australians
  • F-1 (Optional or Curricular Practical Training or On-/Off-Campus Employment) for Foreign Students
  • H-1B Professional Visas
  • H-2A Visas for Temporary Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B Visas for Temporary Nonagricultural Workers
  • H-3 Trainee Visas
  • J-1 Exchange Visitor Visas
  • L-1 Visas for Managers/Executives/Specialized Knowledge Workers
  • O-1 Visas for Aliens of Extraordinary Ability
  • O-1/O-2 Visas for Aliens with Extraordinary Achievement in Television or Motion Pictures and their key production team members
  • P-1 Visas for Athletes and Entertainers
  • Q Visas for international cultural exchange
  • R Visas for religious workers
  • TN Visas for Professional Workers from Canada and Mexico

Immigrant Visas -- ”Green Cards” -- Permanent Residence

Immigrant visas, commonly known as “green cards”, give a foreign national the right to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. Obtaining permanent residence can be a long and difficult process. Mistakes early in the process can have a devastating impact on results years later. We have successfully helped our clients obtain permanent residence through all of the following categories:

  • Aliens of Extraordinary Ability in the Sciences, Arts, Business, Education or Athletics (EB-1)
  • Outstanding Researchers (EB-1)
  • Multinational Executives and Managers (EB-1)
  • Aliens with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability (EB-2)
  • National Interest Waivers (EB-2)
  • Schedule A for Nurses and Physical Therapists (EB-2)
  • Professionals and Skilled Workers (including Labor Certifications and PERM) (EB-3)

We are also pleased to have worked with many foreign investors seeking to secure permanent residence through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor category. We can provide you with the answers you need to pursue permanent residence through your own qualifying investment or provide you with the information you need to navigate the difficult process of finding and selecting a qualifying investment under the EB-5 Pilot Program.

Click to learn more about our immigration and naturalization services for individuals and families.